Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on The Honest Company's website.
We collect the following personal information from you:
• Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
• Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
• Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
• Email addresses of friends or other people you would like us to contact
• When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
We use this information to:
• Fulfill your order
• Send you an order confirmation
• Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
• Respond to customer service requests
• Administer your account
• Send you a newsletter
• Send you marketing communications
• Respond to your questions and concerns
• Improve our website and marketing efforts
• Display content based upon your interests
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at:
• When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
• If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
• To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at: email@example.com
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
©2014 - 2016 store251.com